Wood furniture increasingly conquers many fastidious consumers upon to its elegance, modernity, and durability. The nature origin makes wood furniture both bring sophistication, special and bring close beauty.
Choosing good furniture will help you own useful, durable and beautiful furniture while avoiding being “pickpockets” or unnecessary expenses. I want to share some of the information that helps people better understand the characteristics of wood furniture. So you can choose and use wood furniture in the best way.
Advantages of natural wood furniture
– Durable over time: Natural wood often has very high durability, some types of wood are the best level and rare quality, such as Vietnam HINOKI, Narra Padauk, clove wood, Mahogany, Technical Sitan … these types of wood also increase the wood value by used time.
– Beauty: Natural wood has the beauty of nature, wood grain patterns are the characteristic of each type of wood, there are no two types of wood grain that is still the same, so since ancient times, wood-understanding people can look wood grain to identify the wood type, like human fingerprints. Depending on the preferences of each person to choose the kind of wood grain, the appropriate paint color. Usually, people often paint cockroach wings color, golden brown (light or dark) or can also keep the natural color of the wood.
– Durable to water: The outstanding advantage of natural wood is high durability when exposed to water, of course, it must be impregnated, dried, carefully painted without open the mortise.
– Firmness: As I mentioned above, the certainty of natural wood is very high. No matter what kind of wood you choose, compared to industrial wood, natural wood is still firmer.
– Beauty and pattern: Natural wood has many different sizes to create diversity and abundance. With natural wood, the craftsmen can create designs and structures with a high aesthetic. Which is usually not done in industrial wood because industrial timber is produced in sheets; these plates have a fixed and limited thickness. Moreover, industrial wood cannot put wood panels together like natural wood.
– Style: Classic, cozy, luxurious.
Disadvantages of natural wood:
– High price: Natural wood is increasingly scarce now most of the natural lumber is imported, so the wood’s cost is quite high, the processing cost of native timber is also raised because it has a lot of handworks that cannot mass-produced like industrial wood. Therefore, the price of natural wood products is always much higher than that of industrial timber.
– Warping, shrinkage: When workers build furniture, if they are not skilled, and do not work in a professional furniture production environment, it is easy to make a non-standard product. Then the phenomenon of warping, shrinkage will occur especially with the door, cabinet door,… Most of the furniture making errors warping is due to the workers arranged unreasonable size, grafting mortise not technically correct. Although warping may not appear at first, after a period of use it will lead to the wings being warped or curved and cannot close the cabinet.
Advantages of furniture from industrial wood
– Excellent water resistance: Due to the above WPB coating, industrial wood furniture products have high water resistance. When you use it, you no longer have to worry about sanitation as well as flaking and blistering due to water.
– Less warping: Usually, for natural wood when affected by the weather, it will appear warping condition. But for industrial wood, this situation does not happen at all; it does not seem too much influenced by the weather, warping or shrinking is minimal.
– Variety of colors: Color can be said to be an outstanding advantage that furniture products from industrial wood bring. In addition to being able to create lines of wood grain similar to natural wood grain, the industrial wood’s color is also incredibly diverse. It makes it possible for buyers to choose the right colors for their tastes.
– Low price: Compared to natural wood, the cost of industrial wood is often much cheaper. That is the biggest reason why many people choose furniture from industrial timber. It is also an option to help you balance your budget optimally.
Disadvantages of furniture from industrial wood
Besides the advantages, furniture products from industrial wood also face some weaknesses that are difficult to overcome, as follows:
– Poor durability: When considering the sustainability of industrial timber, it cannot compare to natural wood furniture products. Furniture from natural lumber often has a very long life, even a lifetime. However, for industrial wood, after a period of use, it will begin to fade and peel off the wood layers.
– Once damaged, it is difficult to overcome: The regeneration value of industrial wood seems to be very difficult. Once injured, the furniture from industrial wood will have the only solution that is to accept the situation or replace it with other products.
Note: when you install these products into your homes, such as a door, or a bed. You should use professional tools to fit them in the best way. Some essential tools such as Best Drill Presses, Best Makita drill, Best Dewalt drill, Best drill bits or Best Cordless Drills that you need to set up something.
Thus, the above is a complete synthesis of necessary information about the pros and cons of furniture from natural wood and industrial wood. Hopefully, the above information will help you make the most appropriate decisions.