For products made from wood, moisture is always a factor affecting the process of cutting wood with hand saws and the quality of finished products later. If we subjectively do not check the moisture content of the wood before making the product, it will cause bad consequences such as finished products warping, deforming, peeling or termite. Facing that situation, the use of a moisture meter is extremely necessary. It helps users or carpenters to control the moisture content of woods, avoid bad consequences and increase the quality of finished products.
However, there are many people who buy the moisture meter but still do not know how to use or specific features of the machine. Therefore, in this article. I will give information about some of the things that people who use this device want to know.
What does a moisture meter of wood include?
The question seems silly, but it is actually quite good. Each manufacturer of the moisture meter has a different structure, But basically, the following things are indispensable. they are considered the most basic things for a wood moisture meter that use needles to measure.
- Body: Install LCD indicator set with a large font size of 7 bars or 7 segments.Only with 5 function keys. It is a side key of the machine and 4 keys in front of the machine.
- Contact sensor: 2 needle type, built into the handle. The measuring rod is removed from the body. When needed, plug it back in. Fairly convenient for storage and transportation.
- The battery according to the machine: 04 AA batteries, universal battery
- Containers of the machine with hard plastic material
Instructions for using wood moisture meter: For portable wood moisture meters that are extremely simple to use. You only need to read the manual of the machine that can be manipulated and performed.
Several factors affect the measurement results
Besides, in some cases, the meter is not accurate. Find out about the effects that affect the measurement results:
- Ambient temperature: Ambient temperature affects the measurement results of the moisture meter. The higher the ambient temperature, the more energetic molecules that make up the resistance will result. Smaller electric conductors that lead to moisture will also be smaller when we take the measurement results. In addition, the high ambient temperature also causes the water to evaporate quickly on the surface of the object to be measured, which makes the difference in moisture between the two adjacent measurements make the measurement results differently.
- Skills or measuring techniques of users: This also greatly affects the measurement results. The reason is that when measuring if you plug deeper, the humidity is higher. Simply when you plug in the deeper of the needle, the more the contact area increases, the higher the electrical conductivity, the greater the electric current running through, making the moisture value increase. Therefore, the measuring skill of the measurement is very important, also makes the measurement results have certain errors.
Some notices when using wood moisture machine
The wood moisture meter is compact and has a simple structure, but it needs to take note to facilitate use and reduce errors when measuring. The following are notes when using a wood moisture meter:
First, install the battery in the right direction so that it can be started.
Note: if it is installed correctly but the device has not started yet. Please review the positive and negative poles that match the machine, then close the back case of the meter and restart
Second, avoid direct contact with the machine with water or other liquids to prevent damage to the components inside the machine
Third, when replacing new batteries, choose good, genuine batteries and should not choose inexpensive and low-quality batteries that will affect the operation of the device.
Fourth, after using the machine, you need to use a soft towel to clean two direct probes, detectors, monitors and all parts of the machine to avoid dirt, wood dust and other materials cling to the machine, causing rust and reducing the measuring efficiency of the machine.
Fifth, if the probe is rusted, users need to use sandpaper to clean the rust and then use to reduce errors when measuring
Sixth, to avoid the maximum impact to maintain the best efficiency and accuracy in measuring moisture And increasing the life of the machine.
Seventh, when not using the machine anymore, users need to put the device into a leather case and store in a dry place, to avoid mold, water, and liquids clinging to the machine.
I have presented some information to everyone who needs to learn. Hopefully, it is beneficial for you to choose the best moisture meter in general and a wood moisture meter in particular